Monday, January 23, 2012
The Year of the Dragon has a sleek and seductive ring to it.
It conjures up steamy imagery, and not solely of the wonton variety.
It packs some serious Kung-Pao punch.
Nero dreams of someday visiting China,
And of wandering through Shanghai's French Concession,
Where so many historical homes have been restored
To dramatic effect.
The marriage of East and West,
Ever an ongoing, ephemerally beautiful,
They say the Year of the Dragon is a lucky one, fair Nerophytes,
So don't forget to see red, breathe fire
And blow off a little smoke now and then.
- Of Swimming with the Fishes and Mat-Crobatics
- Where the Wild Things Work
- Of Getting Chewed and Finding a Comfort Zone
- Of the Perfect Pad and a Living Room Ricochet
- Of Concession Confessions and Wanton Wontons
- To Dimanche and a Derriere
- Of Mars Stones and a Rockstud
- Of Seas at Night and Thieves and White
- To Friday and a Curiosity Cabinet
- Of Pissing in Paris and other Pipe Dreams
- Of Cover Story Coterie
- Of Love and Art at the Turn of a Screw
- On Greening the Air and Going Vert-ical
- Of Yoga-try and Words to Live By
- Of Bellying up to the Barre and a Book
- Of New Resolve and Looking Past Post
- To 2012 -- Before and Beyond
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2011 (359)