Monday, December 5, 2011
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.
Nero takes comfort in such thoughts,
and in the compassionate shades of living green
proffered by Houston's mild and merciful winters.
Labels: All images by blogger
- On Winter's Last Resort
- Of Velvet Tropes and Xmas Tripping
- On the 5 Days 'til Christmas and Other Musings Mos...
- Of Soaking and Slowing
- Of Firsts and Lasts and Life in Motion
- Rustique C'est Chic
- Vous Permettez?
- Here's to Wedded-ness and Red-Eyed Bliss
- Going on a (Fass)Bender
- Of Easy Elegance and Eclectica
- Of Blades of Grass and Greening Winter
- Kids...They're Just so Cool
- ▼ December (12)