Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Rooms are living things, always evolving.
But do you ever wish a space would stay frozen in time?
Nero still remembers the day in April of '07 when beaming Charlotte belle, Laura Vinroot Poole, posed en pointe next to a pair of porcelain poodles.
This opium den of dreams, replete with a metallic Paco Rabanne curtain, pierced Nero's heart.
It was daring, effervescent -- without par.
Several years later the same lair surfaced, softened, settled, pastelled...pliant.
But something was lost in transformation -- that visceral pull.
Some things should always stay the same.
- Of Nifty at House of Fifty
- Here's to a Sugar-Coated Weekend
- Have you Rue'd?
- Of Fuzzy Photos and 'Pit Progress
- A Refresher Course on L'Art du Zhush
- Hands on a Hard Copy
- Vendredi ou la Vie Sauvage
- A Powder Room, Groomed
- Of Thunder and Plunder
- Of Long Goodbyes and the Afterglow
- Kelly gets Tell-y
- Splish-Splash and the Bath
- Of Botticelli Belly and a Rubenesque Rump
- Here's to Weekend R&R
- Of Trad Pads and the Pricey Allure
- Of Spitfires and a Mission
- Of Lumiere Under Wraps
- The Light Man Cometh
- 365...842374210473912 Days of Summer
- View Halloo Bedheads, Lonny's Dropped
- Have Yourselves This Kind of a Sunday
- Wait! It's the Weekend
- Crying over Rubies and Ships that Scarcely Sailed
- Summer Suppin' and an Open Invite
- On Memories and the Way We Were
- On Savoir-Faire and Being French
- Happy Fourth Folks
- Warm Weekend Wishes
- ▼ July (28)