Sunday, February 20, 2011
The thighs have it, folks. After months of café au lait-fueled complacency, Nero's contracted a bad case of blogger bum and generalized body blues. And so the time has come to whip it and whip it good. This will not be a path of least resistance, nay, there will likely be resistance training a-plenty paired with down dogs galore, cuz when you're fighting an uphill battle methinks it's best to do so with chin held high rather than tail betwixt legs.
But how exactly to cut the fat? To, in brief, shed skin and get lean, mean shagreen -- know what I mean? Any of my fair readers have any fitness gems to pony up? -- poultices, voodoo potions, exercise exorcisms or simply, sveltering advice? It is written that with steadfast moderation comes physical liberation, but that can ring awfully dreary and even keel. So do tell, how do you, my faithful, keep from packing meat? Nero logged a six-miler today -- a small penance, an introductory offering to the Gods of Fit. And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pull a Paltrow.
Labels: Images via Stella McCartney
- Drinking in La Taste and Faking French
- Of Cowpokes and Kerchiefs
- Charmed, I'm Sure
- Of Stitches Most Fine in Time
- Exhale...It's Friday
- Of Wealth Shame and Reverse Snobbery
- Bookhouse Reopens, No Stone Upturned
- Of Sweat Equity and Mercury Rising
- No Cuffin'
- Is it any Wonder Libya's Going Under?
- On Ornamental Ornithology
- Here's to Dead White Males
- On Anatomy and Melancholy
- When Twilight hits on the Hood
- High-Rise Friandise
- Of Teaching and Outreaching
- Of Faites Vos Jeux and an Ace Space
- For those with a Passion for Splashin'
- On Views with a Room and Colors Local
- Of Nature and Nurture and God Save The Queen
- On Island Hopping and an Escapade
- On Dark Dreams
- That's All Folks...
- Shall We Sup?
- Of Politics and Puppet Strings
- The Pharaoh is Dead, Long live the People
- Imagining an Orangerie
- Outfit to Mosh Pit
- Trailer Madness
- Of Spain Sans Rain
- Greek Treats
- Batik C'est Chic
- Big Love Hirst
- Heart Days Ahead
- Trepied Tripping
- Digital Distractions
- And now Recline Time
- A Painterly Room
- On Wall Words and Sticky Stuff
- Color Cravings
- Snow Daze
- Of Boudoirlicious and Some Odalisques
- The Power of the Lens
- A Love by Any Other Name
- Fly Paper Collective
- A Study in Blue
- Of Walks through the Woods and Wolves
- High Gloss is in the House
- On Art and Interiors and Guesting
- ▼ February (49)